Contact the Anguilla Bar Association to lodge a complaint with the Disciplinary tribunal and for more information regarding the relevant procedure to be followed.
Contact the Registrar of the High Court to find out if the Lawyer has a Practising Certificate and is registered to Practice law in Anguilla.
Call the Registrar of the High Court of Anguilla at 264-497-2377 or 497-3347 or the Anguilla Bar Association’s office at 264-497-2227.
For those seeking translation of public content on the ABA website to Spanish or another language, an option is to use the free Google Translate programme at http://translate.google.com/#auto|es|. Click here for more information.
(Para aquellos que buscan la traducción de contenidos públicos en la página web de PBA al español u otro idioma, una opción es utilizar el programa gratuito de Google Translate en http://translate.google.com/#auto|es|.Haga clic aquí para obtener más información. )
The term “pro bono”, short for pro bono publico, is Latin meaning “for the public good.” Pro bono legal service is sometimes performed by lawyers without pay to help people with legal problems who have limited or no funds. This is entirely voluntary and is dependent on the particular Lawyer. The Anguilla Bar Association usually hosts a Pro Bono day during their Law Week each year and on this day members of the public are provided with free legal advice by members of the Association.
You are hiring an attorney to work for you‚ as your advocate. You should expect your attorney to:
- Discuss with you to pinpoint the problem.
- Research and analyse all available facts and information relating to your problem.
- Interview those involved.
- Negotiate a settlement if both sides can reach a fair agreement.
- Keep you informed about what is going on in your case and answer your questions.
- Discuss fees with you at your first meeting‚ and come to an agreement about the way in which the fee will be paid.
- Be candid with you about your problem, your prospects for success‚ the time it will take‚ and the advisability of accepting any settlement offered.
- Keep in confidence anything you say.